Thursday, March 29, 2018

IB13 Sunshine Happy Wishes


Hello peeps!  Hope you're having a good week so far.!  Laurel has a delightful challenge for us at Inspired By this week; here's what I came up with:


I just haven't played with the Apron of Love set enough, so after seeing the challenge photo, I knew just what I wanted to do!  Here's the photo to get you inspired too:


These linens look just like some my mom had growing up!!  I was inspired by the plaids as well as the colors for my Apron card!  To start, I used some Papertrey Chicken Scratch gingham paper for my background, then stamped my apron in Pear Pizzazz and added a pocket and ties with Garden Green.  I am just in love with that little scalloped trim!  I added some flowers popping out of the pocket in Pear Pizzazz and Crushed Curry:


To follow along with the flowers, I put a big sunflower with some matching leaves up in the corner, cut with a Simon Says Stamp die called Radiant Sunflower, adding a little green bug from SU's Itty Bitties:


On the inside, I stamped a sentiment from Suite Sentiments (ret) and the butterfly from Hold on to Hope:


A hint for adhering the wee little elements on the apron is to use a small strip of Adhesive Sheet; I save each and every little scrap, just for small pieces like this.  And if you worry about having them stick, you can run your layers through the Big Shot again once you've adhered them (but before adhering anything dimensional!) or just use your bone folder from the back to make sure they adhere!

I hope you'll play along with the Inspired By challenge!  It's fun to see more and more crafty stampers getting in on the action!  Make sure you're in the gallery too!

My niece took the kiddos to the Y pool yesterday and sent me this photo.  


Now Cassidy has taken lessons at the Y and passed her test to receive her green armband so she can swim without a life jacket, so I was confused as to why they made her wear one!  My niece told me they couldn't find her information in the computer, so after this photo was taken, Cassidy marched up to the lifeguard and "informed" her that she knew how to swim and did NOT want to wear the jacket.  So the lifeguard told her "Well, we'll test you right now", so Cassidy jumped in, swam across the pool and got her green band!! She is learning to speak up for herself!!  (Too much, really, LOL!)  Enjoy your day and be blessed!





7 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

This week, my love of yellow has been rekindled, LeAnne! I adore your little apron - it immediately makes me think of my mum who never cooked without one - cooking for 11 can get messy I'm betting!
LOve the gingham, too!
=]

Bonnie said...

I have some sheets just like the plaid but in green. I've had them for over 30 years! Just use them for the beach and couch sleeping now and don't think they'll wear out in my lifetime!

I love your yellow gingham that makes me think of sunshiny days! And the sun reinforces it! The apron is adorable with it's pretty pocket, flowers and ties! A super fun card!

Linda Callahan said...

Those yellow linens are the perfect inspiration for you! Your card is delightful....and so sweet! Loving the yellows! And good for Miss C!

Cheryl Mooney said...

I love your sunflower and cheerful little apron. And, I think that Cassidy speaking up was a good thing. It is always a learning process to do that, and in the right way, for all of us.

Kampin' Karen said...

As soon as your wonderful card showed up in front of my baby blues, I said, "that reminds me of my mother in the kitchen". I love this and I'm so glad you were inspired! It is so cheery. That little girl has spunk! Good for her...that life vest looks so uncomfortable.

Dawn Tidd said...

Cutest apron ever! Those checks and the flowers in the apron pocket are so sweet. Love the ladybug on the sunflower too...makes me think maybe Spring may be on its way! :)

Lisa Elton said...

This is so cheerful and cute LeAnne! That's a sweet little apron. Way to go Cassidy!!