Tuesday, April 10, 2018

RRCB84 April Showers


Happy Tuesday, peeps!  It's time for another Retro Rubber challenge....look at this sweet photo inspiration!  So far, we have just had April snowflakes, but I am sure the showers will be here at some point!

Image may contain: shoes and text

I pulled out an old Papertrey set from 2007 called Green Thumb...it may have been the first PTI set I ever bought!  I used the Freshly Made Sketches sketch (although it's past the deadline) for my card today:


My "rain" is from Gorgeous Grunge (2013), stamped in Pool Party, then I stamped the boots in Melon Mambo and Lemon Lime Twist.  The flowers were stamped in Blushing Bride and Powder Pink, and all of the images were fussy-cut out and  adhered to the front of the card:
  

The sentiment, also from the same set, was stamped in Marina Mist!  Don't you wish you had a pair of boots like this?!  A splash of color on a dreary day!  I hope you'll play along with our challenge as well..you don't have to use an umbrella or boots, you can just choose the colors or the theme!  Check out what the other designers created, and share yours with us a well at Retro Rubber!  Just remember to use stamps that are least a year old, and tell us how old they are!  See you there!

Just chillin'!




16 comments:

Vickie said...

Love this sweet...clean and simple card....Boy did Cassidy grow overnight? Her legs are so long....such a doll

I Card Everyone said...

I'm sensing a theme in our blogging world, LeAnne! LOve your Wellies, and yes, I would love a pair - I'd plant flowers in them, just like you have so sweetly done!
=]

Kampin' Karen said...

The photo inspiration and your card have Cassidy written all over them! Your fussy cutting is magnificent and your use of the Gorgeous Grunge for rain was perfect. Lovely card.

Denise Willerton said...

such a sweet card LeAnne! love you it's pouring rain on those sweet boots! Cassidy, you are seriously gorgeous xo :-) have a fabulous day ((hugs))

Dawn Tidd said...

Oh, so adorable! Love those rain boots with the flowers, cute stamp set. Your idea for the rain was genius! Love everything about this card!

Lisa Elton said...

This is perfectly delightful; Leanne! I would love a pair of polka dot Wellies! I thought Cassidy was growing...but holy smokes look at that pup!!

barb mann said...

That CUTE puppy is getting BIG! Love the card too. Great idea for the rain!

Greta said...

Love the rain & those darling boots! What an adorable picture!

Linda Callahan said...

Brilliant use of Gorgeous Grunge! So springy.....and the boots are fabulous!

Debbie Mageed said...

LeAnne, this is too cute and perfect for the photo inspiration! Those adorable rain boots would certainly be so fun to wear. Using Gorgeous Grunge as rain was such a great idea! Great card, my friend!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

LeAnne, the boots on your beautiful card are a PERFECT MATCH to the ones on the inspiration photo, WOW!!
Love the "rain" you added with the Gorgeous Grunge stamp, fabulous and beautiful card, my dear.
Hugs.

Jan Clothier said...

Such gorgeous gumboots! And as for Gorgeous Grunge ... was a great set that was!

craftysahmiam said...

Sweet card, love all of the popped up pieces and grunge for rain

creative lady said...

LeAnne, your card is lovely, love how you used the grunge for rain!

stempelfrida said...

Your card is pure fun! I love the colours and the idea of stamping the stems on the back panel and adding the flowers on top with a spacer! The rain stamp is also great (what I mean is that it is such a great idea to use it for the rain!!!!).
Thank you so much for having me as a guest designer in your lovely challenge at Retro Rubber.
Kind regards from stempelfrida

Claire Grantham said...

Love your card LeAnn, the popped up flowers coming out of the boots is lovely. Cassidy sure is springing up LOL - reminds me of me. I am 5'11 and I have been this height since I had an overnight spurt at 12!!!! I don't think I have seen the beautiful Dog. I miss having a dog. Cx