Thursday, March 1, 2018

Inspired By #9 In the Meadow


Happy Thursday, peeps! And Happy March!  Is it coming in like a lion or a lamb where you live?  Hope you've been having a good week so far....I am feeling better, just in time for Laurel's Inspired By challenge!  I was lying in bed one night, thinking about the prompt and I remembered this beautiful background stamp SU had called Floral, so I pulled it out and went to work:


I love the richness of Tranquil Tide on Garden Green....reminds me of the green swaths of grass at Longwood Gardens!  I added some yellow roses from Altenew, a sentiment from Technique Tuesday, and after seeing this card by Laurel, I pulled out a PTI hexagon die and added a little vellum panel...I hope she doesn't mind that I CASEd her, LOL!


On the Crumb Cake base, I also stamped some Burlap, and you can see how I stamped "so very" so very crookedly....sigh, even with a Misti, sometimes I still go awry!


Anyhoo, here's Laurel's inspiration prompt:


Perfect for spring...how will you interpret this lovely little work of art?  Can't wait to see yours, and be sure to pop by the Inspired By blog to see the DT's take on it!  And Laurel has set up a Facebook page too....go over and "like" us!!

Santa-inspired Emoji nightwear....she cracks me up!


 Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Burlap Background, Floral Background (ret), Painted Flowers (Altenew), So Blessed (Technique Tuesday)
Card stock & Papers     Garden Green, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Vellum
 Ink Tranquil Tide, Garden Green, So Saffron, Crushed Curry, Hello Honey (ret)
Accessories Pearls, White Sequin (from my stash)
Tools     Big Shot, Bouquet Bunch Framelits, Seasonal Layers Framelits, Painted Flowers Dies (Altenew), Hexagon Die (Papertrey), Dimensionals

9 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne, I never would have guessed this wasn't some wonderful PP you had! Gorgeous stamping... love that burlap, and the gorgeous yellow roses,too! Beautifully Inspired!
=]

Kampin' Karen said...

That floral background stamp is wonderful and I loved how you used it. Cassidy reminds me so much of Sia, if you have seen her on TV singing. Sia is weird, but Cassidy is cuteness personified :-)

Wendy said...

Sorry to hear you've been under the weather, LeAnne. Our weather probably has so much to do with it....one day warm, next day freezing. Your card is just beautiful!! Love the Floral background on the Garden Green and those lovely pops of yellow from the flowers! The stamped cardbase with the Burlap is just as pretty! Awesome card as always! That granddaughter of yours always makes me smile/giggle depending on what she's doing! TFS and have a great day! :)

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love the pretty yellow roses and also that great stamped background. It does look like pattern paper.

Crystal Komara said...

LeAnne, this is GORGEOUS! I thought that green was some sort of DSP and was delighted to read it was a stamp that I still have! Thanks for inspiring me and I might be CASE-ing this card! XO, Crystal

Jan Clothier said...

I am in love with that background! I thought it was DSP but I've never seen that stamp before. Tranquil Tide on Garden Green - who knew it would look this amazing! The vellum panel - big tick there too. Stunning creation, LeAnne.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh it's coming in like a roaring lion as I type this! Your card is perfectly lovely. The green is so lush and perfect for that background stamp!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Beauuuuutiful! I have the Floral background stamp still, and will not part with it. It's a classic. It instantly gives a patterned paper appearance. You picked a good deeper green to go over the lighter green cardstock. The yellow roses are perfect with it. And, I ALWAYS enjoy your personal family life pics. Thanks for bringing a smile to my face whenever you post!

Danni Reid said...

I absolutely LOVE this card!!