Sunday, December 3, 2017

PP373 Christmas Cookies


Hi everyone!  It's Sunday and that means another Paper Players challenge...Laurie is our hostess with a sweet challenge for us:  Christmas Baking!  I'll be starting that this week, hopefully!  Check out this cute prompt:


I knew immediately what I wanted to do for this challenge, as I still had some of the sweet Candy Cane Lane DSP from last year, and I had barely had a chance to use it!  I found a great sketch for it at Case This Sketch:


and so here we go:


Aren't those little "cookies" cute? I cut them out of the DSP and adhered them to an Early Espresso panel that was cut with the scallop die from Seasonal Layers; the cookies fit perfectly!  My little gingerbread man is the star of the show, so he's popped up on dimensionals:


I added a stitched scallop border (Lawn Fawn) and some thick baker's twine along with a sentiment from Winter Wishes (ret).  My final touch was to round all the corners, which is always a nice finish!  I hope you'll play along with us this week.....can't wait to see your sweet treats!  Be sure to check out all the DT's samples at the Paper Players blog as well!

And speaking of sweet treats, as I promised, here are the final pix of Cassidy's Minion gingerbread house:




I have to admit, the banana-embellished roof had me in giggles!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Winter Wishes (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Thick White, Crumb Cake, Candy Cane Lane DSP (ret)
 Ink Early Espresso
Accessories Thick Baker's Twine (ret)
Tools     Big Shot, Seasonal Layers Framelits, Stitched Borders Dies (Lawn Fawn), Corner Rounder Punch

23 comments:

Doris said...

Cassidy did a great job on her gingerbread house. She should submit it to Paper Players this week! Those bananas will certainly keep pesky pigeons from landing, too.

Melissa Grant said...

I love this! And thank you for reminding me to dig Candy Cane Lane out of my stash!! :)

Kampin' Karen said...

Oh, my goodness..two sweet treats today! Your card follows the sketch perfectly. I, too, did not get to use that DSP much...story of my life. I am NOT buying any more DSP...LOL! Have a great day.

Wendy said...

Such a cute Minion House!! And who knew that we all needed a banana roof! I love to see the creativity you two come up with! Great job, too! Your card today is just the BEST!! I am a huge fan of "gingers" and this one steals the show for me! Love that paper from last year, looks amazing with the scallop border and the fun little fussy cutting cookies! Excellent job! TFS and have a lovely day! :)

Dawn Tidd said...

Love , love, love this card, LeAnne! These are a few of my favorite things! I still have this DSP and I'm CASEing this one! Cassidy's GB house is adorable. Y'all have a lot of fun together!

Vickie said...

What a super Gingerbread/Minion House...the best...and a cute Ginger card to go with it...all good..

I Card Everyone said...

OH I love the bananas - she does know her Minions!
and I LOVE the brown, red, kraft-y gorgeousness of your cookie card, LeAnne! and favorite, perfectly wonderful combo for Christmas!
=]

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, this is perfect for the challenge! I love the layout and the way you cut out those little gingerbread/cookies! This color combo is so fun and made me smile! All those scalloped dies are beautiful! Cassidy is so creative! I love her gingerbread house and I know she had a blast. Have a wonderful week, My Friend! ENJOY! XX

Linda Callahan said...

Beyond adorable! I may have some of that paper left in my stash.....think I will go look!

Carol L said...

I love your card with that great dsp, but that gingerbread house is fabulous! WTG Cassidy, good job! I especially like the banana on the minion's head :) Too creative and fun! She is growing into such a pretty young lady too! I remember her as a wee itty bitty thing not that long ago!

Joan V said...

Oh my, the gingerbread house is adorable. Cassidy did a fabulous job. My children always did gingerbread houses for the Christmas holidays. On another note, love that darling card. Thanks for sharing.

Lisa Elton said...

Heehee to the banana roof, how fun!! I'm smitten with your scrumptious gingerbread card, very cute!

JoAnn said...

Cute card.
Cassidy did a great job on her gingerbread house.

Leigh Penner said...

Fabulous take on the inspiration photo and on the sketch! This is so fun!

Jan Clothier said...

What a fabulous card. There's something about that colour combination that is very warm and appealing. The scallop edge is a great feature. A puppy for Cassidy - nothing else will be able to compare with that!

laurie said...

Fun card and a fun gingerbread house! I love the cute cookies on your card, and the bakers twine. Adorable!

Have a great day!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This is just such a great layout for that paper LeAnne - I love the little cut out cookies! As for Cassidy's gingerbread house, it is a work of art, bananas and all!

Annie S. said...

Love how you cut out the cookies and that is such a great color combo! Cute card and fun gingerbread house!

Nance Leedy said...

What an adorable card, LeAnne! I love the colors in this paper and you've highlighted it beautifully with your layout. So cute and the bananas have me LOLing!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Oh your card is FABulous! Love it! Cassidy's Minions house is wowzers!

stampwithsandy said...

LeAnne I am in love with this card! It's so perfectly balanced, from the colors, to the way the images fit in the scallops, to the tiny Christmas print. I love it all!

donna mikasa said...

Love your festive take on the sketch! Congrats on being a CTS favorite this week!

donna mikasa said...

Oops! I meant to say congrats on being this week's winner! :)