Sunday, November 12, 2017

PP370 White Snowflake


Happy Sunday, everyone!  Nance is our Paper Players hostess today and she has a gorgeous challenge for us:


I think white on white cards are beautiful, but they can be a challenge to photograph!  I finally ended up taking my picture outside on the deck in the natural sunlight, where the embossing of the new Winter Wonder embossing folder could show up more clearly:


The embossed layer is Shimmery White, and I layered it on a Glossy White card base; the sentiment is from Christmas Quilt, stamped on vellum in Craft White and heat-embossed with white embossing powder.  I added some pearl accents and three little snowflake sequins from a past Project Life kit:


The photographs just don't do this card justice, unfortunately!  

The design team has come up with some dazzling creations!  Be sure to check them out at the Paper Players blog!  While you're there, be sure to share your own white on white creations with us!

Cassidy had to make a Thanksgiving jar for school; inside she put pre-printed activities regarding things for which they are thankful.  We rolled them up into little scrolls and tied with string.  Each day she pulls one of the activities out and completes it with or for her family!  She had to decorate the jar, so I got some ribbon and some felt leaves from a wreath kit we had never finished and she made good use of several glue dots and her unique creativity!





Nice job!  Enjoy your day and be blessed....and remember all the things for which we are thankful!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Christmas Quilt
Card stock & Papers     Glossy White, Shimmery White, Vellum
 Ink Craft White
Accessories Pearls, Snowflake Sequins, White Embossing Powder
Tools     Big Shot, Heat Tool, Winter Wonder Embossing Folder

9 comments:

None None said...

Beautiful card, LeAnne!! Love the beautiful snowflake embossed folder and the additional snowflakes you added. I'm inspired to play along, even though I no longer blog. I'll just post on IG. I'm busily making Christmas cards now so this is just what I needed today (and an impetus to make postal friendly cards!). :) Cassidy's thanksgiving jar is just beautiful and what a wonderful idea!

Kampin' Karen said...

White on white IS tough! You made it looks easy AND pretty! Speaking of pretty, I love Cassidy's hair in this pic. The thankful activity jar is such a great way to help her grow in kindness, I'm sure. I'm thankful for you and your cards!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love the white on white.
Cassidy did a great job with the Thanksgiving jar, so pretty.

laurie said...

That embossing is so pretty, and I love the bit of vellum..beautiful holiday card LeAnne!

Have a great day!

Jan Clothier said...

Goodness, the embossed snowflake looks so 3-d it almost looks like a die cut. The vellum sentiment looks good too. I struggled a bit with both the white on white and then the photographing of it but you've aced both.

Annie S. said...

I'm with Jan...I thought the embossed snowflake was a die cut too! Very pretty card. I like the added pearl accents too! Hope you're having a great week!

stampwithsandy said...

Wow, I love that big embossed snowflake, LeAnne! Gorgeous WOW creation. I love Cassidy's Thanksgiving jar too, what a great idea!

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, this is soooo pretty! Love the embossed snowflake and the vellum and pearls! Cassidy did a great job on her project! She is so grown up! XX

Anonymous said...

LeAnne, I agree with Claire... this is so pretty. I love the white embossed sentiment on the vellum, it adds such a soft touch and the snowflake is gorgeous.
Hugs
Jaydee