Monday, July 17, 2017

Blue Christmas


Happy Monday, everyone!  Just a quick card today, no challenges, it uses the upcoming Carols of Christmas with last year's Christmas Pines, along with a cool embossing folder technique:


The deer is probably my favorite little element from this set; I stamped him in Early Espresso and die cut him, then set him atop a "snowbank" I created by tearing some Whisper White cardstock.  To create the background, I used my inkpad to layer a coating of craft white ink on the raised portion of the Woodland EF, then ran it through the Big Shot with a layer of Dapper Denim cardstock inside.  I love the effect it gives!  I added a sentiment from Christmas Pines, and a few little footprints with a gray marker. I am thinking a little glitter on the snow would have been nice, maybe I'll add that later!


You never know when you'll meet an alligator...or is it a crocodile?


Have a blessed day!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Christmas Pines, Carols of Christmas
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Dapper Denim
 Ink Dapper Denim, Early Espresso, Craft White
Accessories
Tools     Big Shot, Woodland Embossing Folder, Dimensionals, Basic Gray Marker

9 comments:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card! I can't wait to try that technique.

barb mann said...

Beautiful LeAnne! I haven't taken the bait to purchase this set just yet but may have to. You are right - love the little deer. The die cut trees from the framelits are also very nice!

Brent Scheffer said...

Very creative multi-shade and texture blue Winter scene! Awesome!

Claudia said...

One can tell you love that little reindeer :-). What a cool technique with great effect!!

Vickie said...

Nicely done LeAnne...It is an Alligator...lol...I have them in pond in my back from time to time...Occasionally he/she may decide to venture up in the yard and sun under the Live Oak tree.

I Card Everyone said...

I'm so jealous of C's ability to squat down like that, I'm not even worried about what he is!!!
I do love your card, LeAnne! I'll be humming Elvis' version for a while this afternoon... xx
=]

Dawn Tidd said...

Blue can be Christmas too! I love your embossing folder technique. I'll have to give that a try. This made a great scene for that cute little deer and those footprints were a great touch!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love this card LeAnne - what a cool effect you achieved with inking!

jengd said...

Gorgeous card LeAnne! I'll definitely be casing this one!!